April 21 & 22, 2021 - Baton Rouge Lousiana
Basic Information About the Training..
What does this training cover?
This course is designed to introduce individuals responsible for the purchase, use, or control of metallic alloy materials; the owner/user, vendors, fabricators, or contractors to the guidelines for a material and quality assurance system.
It will instruct them how to verify that the nominal composition of alloy components within the pressure envelope of a piping system is consistent with the selected or specified construction materials in an effort to minimize the potential for catastrophic release of toxic or hazardous liquids or vapors.
In addition, course materials will review guidelines for material control and material verification on ferrous and nonferrous alloys during the construction, installation, maintenance, and inspection of new and existing process piping systems covered by the ASME B31.3 and API 570 piping codes.
- Understanding and Applying API Recommended Practices and Guidelines: What it says and what it means
- Develop a Better Understanding of National Emphasis Program and OSHA’s Process Safety Management
- Applying “Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices” for Material Inspection and Verification
- Understand the purpose and use of a Material Verification Program and how to create and implement an MVP
- Understand XRF and SPARK and LIBS-OES test methods, how they work, and how to properly and safely use them
- Understand how to read laboratory results and instrument results.
- Demonstrate proper XRF testing procedures
- Demonstrate proper SPARK and LIBS-OES testing procedures
Who should attend?
Anybody in the Petrochemical Industry responsible for alloy verification or Positive Material Identification (PMI) looking to improve their skills, advance their career, and/or achieve certification to API RP 578. Including but not limited to:
- Students enrolled in API 570 classes
- QA/QC Inspectors
- Maintenance Supervisors
- Warehouse Managers
- Inspection Testing Companies
- Fabrication Shops
- Oil & Gas Reliability Departments